Calculus Lab Notes
Lab 1: Latex And Maple
- Week 1: (August 29/30)
- Week 2: (September 5/6)
- Week 3: (September 12/13)
This week, we will introduce Maple. Below you will find an
introduction to Maple and some Maple questions. Work through
the examples, then test yourself by going through the questions.
- What do I turn in? The homework is due to me by 12:30PM on the day
of our class meeting. For the first homework, please email the following
things to me:
- Solution to the first LaTeX homework (that was the list of things to typeset). Email ONLY your .tex file.
- Your MVT.tex file from the second homework handout.
- Your Maple file from today's session (only the one answering
the homework questions).
- 10/15 points if LaTeX and Maple can be run with no errors.
- 5/15 points for clarity, brevity, correct answers.
Lab 2: A Stack of Books
- Week 4 (Sep 19/20)
This week we back off of Maple a little bit, and look more at LaTeX.
We will learn how to insert figures into our document, and how to
use labelling and referencing in LaTeX documents. We will introduce
the Lab question today as well, and start working on our solutions.
- Grading Checklist and What to Turn In
Lab 3: The Spirograph
- Week 6 (Oct 3/4)
This week we will look at parametric curves and apply them
to spirographs. We will also review the arc length formula and
compute some integrals using Maple.
- Grading Rubric and What to Turn In
Lab 4: Ants on a Doughnut
Math Lab Information Here, you will find information on such things as:
- How to share files between you and your partner (Look at
"Using sftp to Transfer Files Between Accounts"
- How to get/put information on a floppy drive (we don't use Windows, we use an operating system called "Linux", so this is different than you're used to...
Look at "Using Windows Formatted Floppies"