Math 467 Numerical Analysis Fall 2006
Note: This semester we'll be using a new text, the Schaum's Outline
on Numerical Analysis. You may look at the old class page, but
be warned that the contents could change dramatically!
Homework Assignments: (Listed by date assigned)
Homework 4 (to turn in): Exercises on Pages 5,6, 9, 10
of ``The Interpolation Problem''. (Due Friday, 9/29)
Homework 5 (to turn in Friday, Oct 20)
(Note that this was handed out as Homework 4 instead of 5).
Homework 6: Problems 5.2, 1, 2, 3, 7, 10. Computer problems 5.2.6, 5.2.7
(Due Monday, Oct 30)
- HW Assigned Aug 30, 2006 (Due on Monday, Sep 4)
- Homework 1 Solutions
- HW Assigned Sep 4 (Due Sep 8)
- Homework 2 Solutions
- Homework 3: We're doing these
in-class on 9/13, 9/15 and 9/18
Homework 7 (Chapter 6, Section 1)
- Homework 6 Solutions
- Script File for the last Problem
- M-file for Composite Trapezoidal Rule
- M-file for Composite Simpson's Rule
- A Quick Summary of some ODEs
- Homework 7 solutions
- Floating Point Computations
- Rates of Convergence. Contains
exercises for Homework Set 3. (Sep 11)
- Notes on Error Analysis.
Contains exercises for Homework Set 3. (Sep 13)
- The Interpolation Problem
(updated 9/26 to include 10 pages. Chebyshev polys were
taken to the document below).
- Chebyshev's Theorem
- Cubic Splines (Oct 6 2005)
- Differentiation and Integration: These are from the draft
notes that say "Chapter 5"
File for animating the double pendulum. To use this, obtain
the numerical solution, vector t and matrix y, then in Matlab
type: animDoublePend(t,y). The lengths of the rods are assumed
to be 1, and g=9.8.
- Main Script File: PendScript.m
- Animation function: animPend.m
- The Pendulum ODE function: Pend1.m
- Improved Euler Method: ImpEulerVec.m
Animation File: animDoublePend.m
Files for the Tacoma Narrows Bridge Example:
- Program to do the Animation (AnimateBridge.m)
- The differential equations function (TacomaODE.m)
Death and Destruction from bad Numerical Analysis