Math 244, Spring 2018
The book we're using in the Fall will be "Differential Equations", by Paul
Blanchard, Bob Devaney and Glen Hall (Fourth Edition).
Important NOTE: The book is often sold "with DE Tools
Printed Access Card". We don't require that, so if you're buying
a used version without it, don't worry. Here's an Amazon link
with more book details:
Amazon link for Differential Equations text
- There also is an optional Student Solution Manual Available
(typically, these have more
detailed solutions to odd numbered problems)
- We'll generally be covering topics from Chapters 1-6, as well as Appendices A and B.
Handouts by Chapter
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
Take home quizzes/projects
Exam 1 Material:
Exam 2 Materials
- Chapter 2 Review: 1-11, 15-16, 22-29, 31-35. Solutions are on CLEo.
- Chapter 3 Review: 1-4, 6-8, 10-13, 19-20, 27-32. Solutions are on CLEo.
- Familiarize yourself with the "Extra Practice" problems in the links above (Extra Practice with Mass-Spring Systems and converting
between systems and nth order DEs).
- Review 2 questions
- Solutions to the review 2 questions
- A nice online Euler's Method calculator.
- A note about using the Java software on the Math Lab Computers: Before you run it for the first time,
right-click on the icon, then choose the "Permissions" tab, then click on the box that says: "Allow executing this file as program".
(You might need to do something similar on your home machine as well).